Not every roofing contractor provides the same level of service. If you’re unhappy with the work done by your roofer, it might be time to fire them and hire someone new.
Here are the five signs that say it’s time to fire the roofer you hired:
1. Poor Communication – When you’re having your roof repaired or replaced with the aid of a professional, good communication is important as it allows you to tell them your desires for the project as well as voice out any concerns or questions. As such, if your roofer is constantly difficult to track down and is even downright unresponsive at times, take it as a sign that it’s time to fire them and find a different roofer instead.
2. Unwarranted Delays or Absences – Replacing or repairing your roof is a big home improvement project that can easily disrupt your daily routine. Therefore, it’s understandable if you want it done as soon as possible. With that in mind, if your contractor is habitually late or absent, don’t hesitate to part ways with their company to find a roofer who’s more punctual in their work.
3. Lack of Licensing – When you’re hiring roofers to help you do some work on your roof, look for one with the right licenses, bonding and insurance paperwork. These documents not only show that they’re authorized to work in your area but also protects the both of you from any legal mishaps. If a contractor repeatedly refuses to show you any of these documents, let them go and hire someone else.
4. Failure to Follow Guidelines – Contractors have to follow local laws and regulations or guidelines when they’re working on a home renovation as this protects them from sustaining severe injuries on the job. If your roofer refuses to follow these guidelines, fire them immediately as they’re putting everyone in your home at risk.
5. Unprofessional Behavior – Finally, if your contractor displays signs of unprofessional behavior on the job, such as drinking or a disrespectful attitude, don’t hesitate in firing them as soon as possible as these are not the kind of people you can trust to maintain your roof.
Planning to tackle a roofing project soon? Look no further than Lask Exterior Solutions, LLC. When it comes to roofing and siding projects, we are the leading service provider to approach and we won’t let you down! Give us a call at (815) 964-2220 or fill out our contact form to get a FREE quote. We serve homeowners in Rockford, IL, and other nearby areas.