Want to upgrade your home with new siding but can’t decide what color to choose? With so many options, it can be overwhelming to make the right choice. In this post, we guide homeowners like you through the various factors to consider when selecting the perfect siding color for your home to ensure it complements its architecture and surroundings.
Consider the Architectural Style of Your Home
Think about your home’s architectural style when selecting a siding color. Different home styles often have specific color schemes that work well with their design and offer a timeless appeal.
Traditional Styles and Color Schemes
When choosing new siding colors for Colonials, Victorians, or Cape Cods, you should consider classic, neutral shades like white, gray, beige, or navy blue. Additionally, you should consider the surrounding landscape and neighborhood, as well as your style and preferences. By choosing a siding color that complements your home’s architectural style, you can enhance its beauty and curb appeal.
Modern Styles and Color Schemes
When choosing siding colors for modern and contemporary homes, it is essential to consider the architecture and color schemes associated with the style. Bolder, more vibrant colors like blue, green, or red can add visual interest. Meanwhile, dark gray or black siding can create a sleek look, and neutral shades like beige or light gray can create a softer feel.
Take Into Account Your Home’s Surroundings
Choose a siding color that complements the environment and neighborhood. Here are some tips to keep in mind.
Neighborhood Color Schemes
It’s crucial to consider your community and the surrounding houses. You don’t need to match the colors of neighboring homes, but choose a siding color that complements the look of your community. Furthermore, check with your homeowner’s association before making a final decision. By considering your neighborhood and surrounding homes, you can choose a siding color that stands out while still fitting in.
Natural Surroundings and Landscape
A home’s natural surroundings and landscape significantly determine the best color for your siding. The colors of trees, gardens and other landscape features can inspire your siding color choice. Choosing a color that blends well with your surroundings can create a cohesive and aesthetically pleasing look for your home.
When selecting a siding color, it’s essential to consider your area’s local climate. Lighter colors tend to reflect sunlight, which can help keep your home cooler in warmer temperatures. Darker colors absorb heat, which can help keep your home warmer in cooler temperatures. Your local climate can help ensure that you select a siding color that is both visually appealing and practical for your area.
Coordinate With Existing Exterior Elements
When choosing a siding color, it’s essential to coordinate with existing exterior elements, such as roofing, trim, and accents, to create a cohesive and harmonious look.
- Roofing Color: The color of your roof plays a significant role in determining the right siding color. Consider choosing a siding color that complements your roof’s hue for a well-coordinated exterior appearance.
- Trim and Accents: The trim and accents of your home, such as shutters, railings, and window frames, should also be considered when selecting a siding color. Choose a siding color that works well with these elements, whether you want them to stand out or blend seamlessly with the siding.
- Doors and Windows: Your front door and windows can also impact your siding color decision. Opt for a siding color that creates a balanced contrast with these features. Make sure none of these elements compete for attention; they should all work together to enhance the overall look of your home.
Understand Color Psychology and Trends
When choosing a siding color, one must understand color psychology and current trends to make an informed decision.
- Warm Colors vs. Cool Colors: Hues of red, orange and yellow evoke warmth, energy and excitement. They can create an inviting atmosphere, making them excellent options for social spaces like family rooms and kitchens. Cooler tones, such as blue, green, and purple, are calming and soothing, making them more suitable for relaxing and unwinding areas.
- Light Colors vs. Dark Colors: Lighter siding colors can make your home appear larger and more open, while dark colors can create a sense of depth and intimacy. Consider the overall look you want when deciding between light and dark siding colors.
Consult a Professional
Consult a local professional to help you choose the best color for your home’s siding. Here are a few reasons why.
- Benefits of Working With a Local Siding Contractor: A local contractor can provide numerous benefits when selecting the right siding for your home. They can help you navigate the many options available and provide insight into the pros and cons of each material and color.
- Expert Advice From Local Roofers: Roofers can provide valuable advice on coordinating siding color with existing features, like your roof.
- Assistance With Color Selection and Installation: A siding and roofing contractor can help you choose the perfect siding color and ensure correct installation. This guarantees quality workmanship and an enhanced appeal that will last for years.
Test Your Color Choice
Testing your siding color choice at home is crucial before making a final decision. Here’s how to do it.
- Request Color Samples: Ask your siding provider or contractor for color samples to see how your chosen hue will look in various lighting conditions and against your home’s exterior features.
- Visualize the Color of Your Home: Use visualization tools or photo editing software to create a mockup of your home with the new siding color. Doing this will help you better understand the overall look and make necessary adjustments.
- Make Adjustments as Needed: Be bold and tweak your color choice if it doesn’t look right. Trust your instincts and make adjustments until you’re confident you’ve found the perfect siding color for your home.
Choosing the right siding color for your home can enhance curb appeal and reflect your style. Consult a professional like Lask Exterior Solutions, LLC to ensure you make the best decision for your home’s siding. We are also a trusted roofing contractor known for top-notch craftsmanship. Call us at (815) 964-2220 or visit our contact page to schedule a consultation.